AZ Thespian Regional Acting Festivals 2019
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN DECEMBER 3, 2018 FOR ALL REGIONAL FESTIVALS.
The Arizona Thespian Regional Acting Festivals are scheduled as follows:
SAFT – January 19, 2019 at University of Arizona.
SAFT REGISTRATION – CLICK HERE
Short Film Submission Form – SAFT only – Click here
NAFT – January 26, 2019 at Yavapai Community College (Prescott Campus).
NAFT REGISTRATION – CLICK HERE
Short Film Submission Form – NAFT only – Click here
CAFT – January 26, 2019 at Mesa Community College (Dobson & US60).
CAFT REGISTRATION – CLICK HERE
Short Film Submission Form – CAFT only – Click Here
FEES for Regional Festivals
$5.00 per Individual Event
$10.00 per Group Event
$60.00 School Fee
SAFT, NAFT & CAFT registration deadline 1/11/19
There are no changes after the deadline, drops will be allowed, however, there are no refunds.
Please take some time to read the rules for the IE’s as there may have been changes.
ALL SCHOOLS MUST BRING 1 JUDGE FOR EVERY 5 IE’S.
SAFT judge registration – CLICK HERE
CAFT judge registration – CLICK HERE
NAFT judge registration – CLICK HERE
Contact Regional Directors for information on Regional Festivals.
South Director – Kris Kissel email – kris.kissel
North Director – Jantina Russell – firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Director – Kim Bonagofski email – email@example.com
FILES FOR DOWNLOAD:
2018-19 THESPIAN NATIONAL INDIVIDUAL EVENT GUIDELINES – updated 12/13/18. (AKA the Regional Rulebook)
Performance Standard Policy – must be on file for all published works. THE FORM IS LOCATED IN THE REGIONAL RULEBOOK.
Arizona Thespians Code of Conduct – all schools must bring a signed copy to the Regional Festival they are attending. You can have all your students sign the back of one sheet for your convenience.
BALLOTS HS National Individual Events 2018-19 COMBINED – every group/event you enter please bring three copies of your ballots to your room for the judges.
HOW SWEEPSTAKES POINTS ARE AWARDED:
- Attendance – Schools receives points for attending Leadership Camp, State Acting Festival (November), Regional Acting Festivals, National Acting Festival.
- Leadership – Schools receives points for having a student and/or teacher on the State Board or the AIA Board.
- Honor Troupe – Schools receives 10 points for Gold, 5 for Silver and 3 for Bronze Honor Troupe Awards.
- Superior ranking – School receives a point for every Superior ranking at the Acting Festivals for IE’s, GE’s and Tech Challenge.
- State One Acts – Each School receives 5 point for Superior and 3 points for Excellent at the Regional and State One Act Festivals.
- Other – Schools receive points for other award such as, Governor’s Proclamation, Teacher or Principal of the year, Community awards, etc. as approved by the State Chairman.